Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Redhill - Lower Delta Sports Complex







How long, how long since the last time I visited this place? I remember in my primary school years, in the late 70s to early 80s, I used to play in this district, and growing up in that area. It was run down, dirty, but always a place where warm smiles greeted me together with a few grumpy old folk that made sure we kids go home before the sky turned dark.

So much has changed. Henderson Primary School is no longer around.

The burnt down "unknown school that haunts the grounds" has been levelled and built upon. The playground is gone, replaced by new housing blocks.

Instead of shooting into their direction and mourning their loss, I thought I capture whatever that is still left in my memories, and looking at them closely, hopefully to retain what is still there, to be kept in the heart for the years to come.

1 comment: